Where do we start? From the pre-historic ancient sites set in the West Penwith Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, to modern British art exhibitions in the Tate St Ives, there is so much to do and see! Why not book a personalised tour hosted by Louise at Experience Cornwall Tours? With a door-to-door pick-up/drop-off and a fabulous Cornish Cream Tea, you will experience the best Cornwall has to offer – our guests benefit from a discount too!
- Visit St Michael's Mount in Marazion and enjoy the views of Penzance from the top of the castle that is still lived in today.
- Book to see a show at the open-air Minack Theatre in Porthcurno, built on a rocky granite outcrop jutting into the sea and you might be lucky to spot dolphins.
- Visit St Just and explore its UNESCO World Heritage mining district: Geevor tin mine was once at the heart of the Cornish tin and copper mining industry and you can take an underground tour; and the National Trust's Levant Mine is an old Cornish mine with a restored and working beam engine on site.
- Sennen Cove is well worth a visit and has one of the many great surfing beaches in West Cornwall.
- Land's End is a 40-minute drive away and is Britain's most westerly point.
- Mousehole is a quaint Cornish village – try to find the only house that was not destroyed when the Spanish invaded in 1595 and raised the rest of the village to the ground.
- Penzance has great architecture and has Britain's largest Art Deco outdoor sea-water lido. Nearby Newlyn is one of the UK's busiest fishing ports and therefore has some great sea-food restaurants – check out Mackerel Sky and the Tolcarne Inn. In Longrock there is the fab Pocketful of Stones gin distillery with tours as well as the fantastic Mexico Inn.
- The South West Coast Path runs round the entire peninsular of Cornwall! In West Cornwall it has some of the most spectacular scenery from rugged cliffs to sandy secluded beaches. The handy Land's End Coaster bus service runs around the peninsular so is the best transport for you to hop on and off for your walks.
- West Cornwall Golf Course is the oldest course in Cornwall. It has great views across the Hayle Estuary and it is only a 5-minute drive away. Cape Cornwall Golf Course near St Just is the most westerly in the UK and also has spectacular scenery seen from high up on the cliffs.
- Ancient Sites: Cornwall has one of the most intensive prehistoric landscapes in Britain and in the far west peninsula of Penwith there is perhaps the highest concentration of ancient sites found in Western Europe. Chysauster Courtyard House Settlement, Carn Euny Courtyard House Settlement, Mên-an-Tol, Merry Maidens Stone Circle and Lanyon Quoit are to name but a few.
- The Lizard is about a 50-minute drive away and is Britain's most southerly point. Nearby the glorious Kynance Cove with golden sand, sea pools and spectacular rock formations is not to be missed.
- Just over an hour's drive away is the popular Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan.
And there is plenty more to explore!